OPEN LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
Our Berea, Kentucky ride (May 30 - June 2, 2023) was amazing! Boone Tavern was a fabulous place to call "home" for a few days and the riding in southeastern Kentucky was some of the best riding I've done. The roads and scenery were incredible. I can't believe that the summer/riding season (at least for most of us who face a winter break) is already coming to a close.
A word about membership.
Remember that your chapter membership runs on the calendar year – 1/1/2023 – 12/31/2023, for example – so your chapter membership will likely expire at a different time than your AMCA membership does.
1. If you are not a current AMCA member, click here to join.
2. If you are a current AMCA member and just need to renew your Riveter Chapter membership, send your dues via PayPal to our Treasurer Kathy Strobele. The PayPal email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. If you have any questions about membership status, contact our Membership Director Joann Mikulec.
Our next major Riveter/Chix event is slated for 2024
We are fully into the planning stages for the Chix at the Crossroads 2024 ride. This will be a large scale event like Chix on 66, and the planning committee has already designed the overall structure of the event. We have a general itinerary, which we will be announcing very soon. Our tentative dates of June 15 – 29, 2024 have held, so save those dates for another phenomenal Chix adventure!
How do we keep the Riveter Chapter visible between these annual events?
Share what you are doing in your own communities, home chapters, riding organizations, wherever you participate in motorcycling events. If you are at an event, please post, share or tag Chix and Riveter social media (we are on Facebook and Instagram).
FB Riveter Private Group
FB Chix on 66 Public Page
Instagram Riveter Page
Instagram Chix on 66 Page
• The purpose of this chapter is for us to get to know each other and see what we are all doing. Social media is the perfect outlet for us to make this happen. Our members are spread across the country, so large gatherings of members are going to be few and far between, but sharing the events we attend, the work we do on our bikes, etc., is a great way to support each other and become more aware that we are not all operating in a vacuum.
• If you have an idea or want to create an event or believe that there is something that the chapter can offer its members, please get in touch with one of our board members (see the complete list of board members on the Riveter Chapter website www.riveterchapter.com). This is your chapter. If you are willing to put an event together where you live or know of an event where you would like to see a Riveter presence, we can help you make that happen.
• We are always looking for members who want to be active on a more committed level. There are committee opportunities – either a committee the board has established, or you can propose a committee if you have an idea that would require more planning and execution than you are willing to do on your own.
• There will be board elections in October 2023. Currently we are operating under the founding board, and vacancies are filled by board vote. In October 2023, membership will be able to vote for the board members they choose.
This sounds like something I want to dig into. What else can I do?
If you want to play a larger role in your chapter, here are just a few ideas for you to consider. Some I have already mentioned above, and some are simply needs that we do not yet have personnel for.
• Social media coordination – we are still looking for someone willing to manage our social media content on Facebook and Instagram – this is one of the best ways to stay in touch with our members and share what Riveters are doing with a wider audience. This could be shared among several people.
• Membership recruiting – do you know women who might be interested in joining the Riveter Chapter? Forward this site to them. Bring them to an event you are attending. Introduce them to other members.
• Event planning/attendance – if you have an idea for an event – no matter how small and local it may be, or if you gather a few Riveters to attend an event – maybe a local bike night, a road run, one of the bigger rallies like Sturgis or Daytona, etc. – let us know, and we can help coordinate meetups or whatever you have in mind.
• Education – riding techniques, mechanical instruction (repairs/maintenance, etc.)
• Promoting Riveter contributions to motorcycling, etc. If you or someone you know is participating in a motorcycle event – maybe having an antique bike judged, or racing at Sons of Speed, or participating in something like the Chase or Cannonball – we will promote the event and our members through our social media channels.
Thank you for your support of the Riveter Chapter. We are excited about our future, and we are happy that you have chosen to be part of our adventure.